ICE Option Tree
This Midas software tree contains drivers, libraries, and primitives supporting the ICE line of DSP cards. The tree includes a test directory for building and running the libraries outside of the Midas environment. Drivers currently exist for Open VMS, Digital Unix, Linux, Windows-9X/2000/XP, Solaris, Silicon Graphics and Mac.
Note: Because the ICE software bundle contains more than just Midas-based software—including standalone capability—it is increasingly referred to as the ICE Toolkit.
Latest Release Summary
ICE Toolkit version 398, the latest stable release, offers a significant number of bug fixes and platform enhancements, including the following:
- Web-kit interface to SNAPAPP
- Support for ICE-PIC8, ICE-POD8, and ICE-K8M
- Support for ICE-D2AWG-M3
- Support for raw network cards by SNAPPER
- Segmented archiving or TIVO recorder functionality
- Fixes performance issues in D2RF
- Fixes timecode issues with gapped data in segmented archiving
- Fixes no room for TC_PREC in header for archive files
- Fixes VITA-49 packet output mode
All users are encouraged to update ICE-PIC5/6/7/8-based systems to this release, especially those using Intel© Xeon© E5 series processors, such as HP ProLiant DL 360p/380p Gen8 servers and Dell™ PowerEdge™ R720 servers, as it contains optimizations specifically for these platforms.
Very Important Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should anyone attempt to reflash an ICEPOD—this may result in rendering the unit unusable and unrecoverable!! They are configured to work correctly prior to shipping and do not require end-user modification.
The ICE Toolkit version 398 is available from the Downloads page under stable/.
- © Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.
- © 2011-2012 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. All rights reserved.
- © 2013 Dell.