Effective January 1st 2022, ICE Enterprises will increase all product prices by 20%. Market forces, both rising component cost and increasing material lead time, are requiring the first price adjustment in company history. This price increase will allow ICE Enterprises to continue to design and manufacture quality electronic hardware as has been the case for over two decades. ICE Enterprises will honor all current price quotes and accept orders at existing pricing through the end of December 2021.
Software selection allows for the use of an onboard clock synthesizer or direct clock input at a user desired sample rate. The onboard clock synthesizer uses a 10MHz reference from either an external source (J2) or via an onboard oscillator (TCXO).
The A2D-M14 module incorporates a variable gain input stage, which allows for real-time gain settings of -11dB to +20dB in 1dB steps and is user-software controlled. Additionally, the variable gain stage can be used to mute or to disable completely analog input to the A/D.
The use of external 10 MHz and 1 PPS reference signals allows for precision time stamping of digitized data with better than 2.5 nanosecond accuracy, independent of sample rate.
- 14-bit resolution
- 250 MSamp/sec (300 MSamp/sec on select units - call)
- AC-coupled input
- Analog input nominal 0 dBm
- Maximum input +10 dBm (at minimum gain)
- SFDR of 30 MHz tone at max sample rate is > 84 dB
- 3dB sample and hold bandwidth 40 KHz - 405 MHz
- External 1PPS input for precision time stamp of data
- Single-site module for use with ICE-PIC series cards and ICEPOD subsystems
- Multichannel, multimode receivers
- Base station infrastructure
- AMPS, IS-136, CDMA, GSM, WCDMA
- Single-channel digital receivers
- Antenna array processing
- Communications instrumentation
- Radar, infrared imaging
|Analog Input||0 dBm||+5 dBm
|Analog 3dB Passband||0.04
|External Clock Input1 (AC-coupled)||0.5
|External Ref1 (AC-coupled)
|Analog Input Impedance||50||Ohms|
- Operation using external reference of 10MHz replaces the external clock input. Sample clock is then generated from the 10MHz reference.
- Sample rates below 40 MSPS require decimation flag in module configuration.
Absolute Maximum Ratings
|PPS Input||0 to 6 Vpeak into 50ohm|
|External Clock Input||0 to 6 Vpeak into 50ohm|
|Analog Input Power||10 dBm (50ohm ref)|
|Operating Temperature||-10 to +65 °C|
|Storage Temperature||-40 to +85 °C|
WARNING: Operation of this module beyond any of these parameters may cause permanent damage. Exposure to absolute maximum ratings for extended periods may affect module reliability. Operation of the module beyond these specified parameters voids the factory warranty.
Single-Tone Performance of ICE-A2D-M14
- Sample Rate (MHz): 250
- Bits/Sample: 14
- Typical SFDR: >84dB
- ENOB: 13.7
Close in Phase Noise Performance of ICE-A2D-M14
|1 Pulse Per Second (PPS) In||Emerson||131-1701-371||Rt. Angle SMB Connector||J5|
|Power Connection||Standard 2-pin Header||J4|
|Standoff (2 each)
|Data (J2)||Samtec||QSE-020-01-F-D-A||40-Pin Connector|
ICE Interface Cables
|ICE-CAB-SB5 (for J1, J5)||5 ft. BNC to SMB cable|
|ICE-CAB-SMA (for J3)||5 ft. BNC to SMA cable|
This model is in production. For pricing, please see the Pricing page.