The ICEPOD6 provides new capabilities for mobile users. It is an entirely solid-state device with no internal moving parts. All heat is transferred via convection to the external surface of the enclosure. The ICEPOD6 enclosure is made from aircraft grade aluminum. It is a completely self-contained unit that includes an embedded computer with 4 or 8GBytes of system RAM, a solid-state operating system drive, multiple solid-state data-array drives, and a complete ICE-PIC6 with the ability to host dual input/output modules and dual processor modules.
- Approximately 12” x 6” x 2”
- Low power: runs on 12-volt DC power with a typical power consumption of 45-50 watts. With both CPU cores, both processor modules running full FPGA applications, and disk drives is constant use, the peak power consumption is 80-85 watts.
- Silent operation (when implemented without the docking station)
- Cover plate for protection when in transit, secured with four heavy-duty thumb screws
Thermal images when operating without the Docking Station:
The Docking Station for the ICEPOD 6 serves a number of helpful purposes:
- Stabilizes the compact system while sitting on a flat surface
- Cools the ICEPOD by directing air blown by fans over its surface
- Daisy-chains DC power to the ICEPOD via barrel-connecting power cables
- ICEPOD is secured to the Docking Station with four heavy-duty thumb screws
Very Important Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should anyone attempt to reflash an ICEPOD—this may result in rendering the unit unusable and unrecoverable!! They are configured to work correctly prior to shipping and do not require end-user modification.
Status and Configurations
|ICEPOD6-M3||4GB||512GB solid state|
|ICEPOD6-M4||8GB||512GB solid state|
|ICEPOD6-M5||8GB||1TB solid state|
|ICEPOD6-M6||8GB||2TB solid state|