The ICE A2D-m20 is a dual channel 14-bit analog-to-digital converter input module for use with the PCIe Gen3 ICE-PIC8 and ICE 8th generation series of high-speed digitizer interfaces. There are two digital down converters accessible from either A2D channel. Further decimation and sub-band digital tuning of the DDC output is also available on the ICEPIC8 card. Various DDC decimation choices are available. Using the ICE-A2D-m20 on the ICEPIC8 DSP card can yield a maximum sustained throughput of two 500MHz Complex Integer bandwidths or one 1GHz Complex Integer bandwidth [Complex Integer (CI)] that can be processed in real-time through a single ICEPIC8 series device.
The on-board clock synthesizer uses a 10MHz reference from either an external source or via an on-board temperature-controlled crystal oscillator (TCXO).
The use of external 10 MHz and 1 PPS reference signals allows for a disciplined reference and precision time tagging/stamping of digitized data.
- 14-bit resolution
- Dual Channel 3.0 Giga samples/sec
- AC Coupled Input
- Analog Input nominal 0 dBm
- SFDR at max sample rate is > 70 dB (See Figure 3 of the Data Sheet)
- 3dB sample-and-hold Bandwidth 10 MHz – 4.0 GHz
- External 1PPS input for precision time stamping of data
- External 10MHz reference input
- Dual I/O Site module for use with ICEPIC8 and 8th generation series Cards/Devices